SoLO Life Opportunities provide social & leisure activities for children, young
people, and adults with learning disabilities in and around Solihull.
Weekend/Holiday Support and Night Worker(s) specialist in Autism
I am looking for a team to support me at home and in my local community. I am a 17 year old male and I have autism. I can read and I am able to write with support, through the Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) I have very limited verbal communication and this has unlocked my voice so that I am now able to tell people how I feel, what is wrong and how best to support me. I would like you to know that I can understand everything that is said to me and about me.
The people who support me will need a lot of experience and knowledge about complex autism. I ask that you keep an open mind and please don’t make judgements about me because of my behaviour which can sometimes be challenging.
Position: Weekend/Holiday Support Worker/Night workers responsible to Team Leader
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Salary: £12 per hour
Closing Date: Monday 1st June
ROLE: The support worker will work on a 2:1 basis as part of a wider team to provide social, emotional and practical support to the young man both at home and out in the community.
- Be involved in planning and delivering a varied activity programme with the young man/family
- Assisting with the use of RPM and I Pad to encourage communication
- Preparing meals within the home
- Providing support with personal care
- Completing learning logs and daily observation sheets
- Significant experience and knowledge of supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour
- Experience of epilepsy
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues relating to children and vulnerable adults
- Ability to engage with the family
- Articulate, very clear verbal communication, competent at reading and spelling, ideally has GCSE in English
- Hold or currently working towards a recognised social work, health care qualification
- Qualification in Complex Autism
- Experience of working within a team
- Full driving licenceYou will be 100% committed to working within the team. This is a long term contract and we need dedicated staff who understand the need for consistency when supporting a person with autism.
Please contact Vicki Horton on 0121 779 3865 or email email@example.com
T is a 21 year old female who loves doing a variety of different activities on a Saturday afternoon. She enjoys going to the cinema, visiting the museum, cookery, shopping and painting (amongst lots of other things) along with gaining confidence in using public transport and money management. She is a fun, capable young lady who very much enjoys the company of her PA. T requires a female PA who is a similar age, has a strong personality and can encourage T to try new things. The PA also needs to be a non-smoker, a car owner and available every Saturday, 12noon – 4pm. If you think you have the right qualities to support T to achieve all the above and more, then we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or would like more information, please contact Kat O’Donovan on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0121 779 3865
We have new PA positions coming up all the time. To find out more or to apply to become a PA please contact the office and speak to Vicki
or Kat – 0121 779 3865
For application information pack on any posts advertised, please download appropriate forms below or call the office on 0121 779 3865.
Personal Assistant job profile and purpose statement
Support Worker job profile and purpose statement
Application Form Word Format application form
Statement of Requirement updated DBS statement of requirement
Values into action – project version SoLO’s Values Statement
solo equal opportunities monitoring form – staff & vols Equal Opportunities form
Recruitment of ex-offenders policy statement Ex Offenders policy statement