Helping Parents and Carers to find the right Personal Assistant
Instead of giving you a care service, your local social services may offer you a Direct Payment for you to arrange and pay for your own support. You may be entitled to a Direct Payment if you are assessed by social services as having support needs, or you are currently receiving a community care service.
SoLO’s PA Service will employ someone to assist you with support and personal care and to access social, community and leisure activities.
- What we do enable those who have access to a personal budget and who do not wish to employ a worker direct the opportunity to have a Personal Assistant from our skilled and trained workforce
- For who and where providing support and personal care, where necessary, for children and adults with a learning disability, both within the home and outside in the community
- How by providing a range of well trained, supervised and experienced workers who can provide appropriate support that is matched to the needs of the individual, taking into account the nature of their disability, age, gender, race and other cultural needs
- Why our service gives confidence to the individual and to the parent/carer of the service user, ensuring peace of mind with the knowledge that they, their child or adult are well cared for.
We work with parents and carers to fully involve them in the selection of the worker.
- advertise the position
- interview shortlisted candidates
- carry out all DBS and reference checks
- arrange an introductory visit with the shortlisted candidates and the service user
- recruit and induct the successful candidate
- provide a contract of employment for the PA with a set probation period
- provide all supervision, training and payroll administration
- provide a relief worker should the specific worker be off sick or take annual leave
- offer dispute resolution (if required)
The cost for a Personal Assistant is currently £15.70 per hour. For this you will have all the assurances outlined above. You will also have peace of mind that SoLO as the employer is carrying out all of the administration and HR tasks for you. PLUS you have dedicated staff within the SoLO team whom you can talk to should you be unhappy with any part of the service.
We are happy to speak to you about pooling resources to fund a worker between two or more service users should you be interested in this option.
Please contact Paula Burnham for more information. Either ring 0121 779 3865 or email her on email@example.com
If you are interested in working as a PA, please see the Jobs page for PA vacancies